10 things to do before you graduate

Brianna McBride, staff writer

Another wonderful high school year is quickly coming to a close with only a month left. For seniors, that is only a month of memories left; but for juniors it is a year. So if you are like NHS junior, Josie Griffin, you have a bucket list of realistic and memorable things you plan to do before you dress in the cap and gown. Here are Griffin’s top ten:
1.Perform in the Songwriter’s Series on the roof. “The Songwriter Series is a concert held by the music department on the roof of the school every spring… I love music and I also love to perform in front of people, so doing this has always been something I have wanted to do.”
2.Go to the indie band festival Plan-It-X Fest in Bloomington.
3.Go to the circle in Indy with friends around Christmas time.
4.Go on a breakfast date before school with some friends.
5.Fill up your senior cords. “One of the things I have been looking
forward to since freshman year was creating my senior cords and making them an awesome
representation of my high school career.”
6.Tell teachers that they have been an inspiration. “I am so grateful for having these awesome people in my life who care about me and want me to succeed after college and are willing to do anything to help me.”
7.Choose the best college. “I have been looking at colleges since I was in seventh grade and I have always been excited to be on my own and have new experiences with new people in new places.”
8.Compete at high school state for swimming. “To me, high school state would be the peak of my swimming career because of the prestige that surrounds the competition, especially how fast Indiana is and how tough it is to
qualify,” Griffin said.
9.Go on a day trip to Cincinnati with friends. “I think it would be super fun to drive [to Cincinnati] with a couple of buddies and hang out downtown and go to museums and Yeatman’s Cove… there is tons to do and I love it there,” said Griffin.
10.Win the game in senior English class, Assassin. “I have been looking forward to playing [Assassin] since my sophomore year and I have totally hyped myself up in my head to the point where I am 100% sure I will win.”