NHS Dance gets down at Bankers Life

Quinn Schlegel, Editor in chief

Bankers Life Field House, home of the Indiana Pacers gave a warm welcome to the NHS competitive dance team on Monday, November 10th. Before the Pacers played the Utah Jazz to boost their record to 2-6 the girls went out and performed on the court. The girls danced to choreography created by their very own Kinsey Browning and Katie Gump. However, the dance team this year is not performing just for a fun halftime show like years in the past. This year, the girls, much like the NHS cheerleaders, are competitively dancing and will be competing for a state title. As competitive cheer has come to a close, NHS competitive dance has just begun to commence. December sixth will be the first competition to take place for the girls as they compete at Lebanon High School.  The target for the Millers this year is of course the state championship, but this will not come easy for the girls because they will have to beat Lake Central High School. Lake Central has been state champions in competitive dance every year since the IHSDTA  (Indiana High School Dance Team Association) has been in place. The Centrralettes look to repeat in what seems to be tradition, but the NHS dance team is new fierce competition looking to put in the work and take down the Goliath. Aside from all the dog-eat-dog dancing, the girls still perform for the student body and NHS sport fans. December fifth the girls will perform at home as the boys basketball team will look to take down the Fishers Tigers.