What are you thankful for?

Two of my close friends Jacob and Jayna at Forest Park with me.

Celeste Schultheiss, Staff Writer

Around the United States, elementary and middle schools are asking their students what they’re thankful for. The kids are sitting in their classrooms, throwing back answers without any thought such as, “My dog!” or, “My grandma’s cooking!” But what if we were asked in high school? I’d hope that all of our answers would be more meaningful, and said with deep thought behind it.

I’m thankful for my family. Not just my actual family, but all of my families. I’m thankful for my newspaper family. I’m thankful I have such a great newspaper family, and that it’s always a positive aroma and that they all care for me, especially Akers (comma) Joe. I’m thankful for my color guard family who helps me set goals for myself and who help me achieve them, and how they make every Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm to 9pm so great. I’m thankful for my boyfriend, his sister, and both of his parents for treating me like family. I’m thankful for my family in Arkansas, Colorado, California and here, in Indiana, for loving me unconditionally.

Everyone knows the history behind Thanksgiving, the pilgrims and indians coming together for a feast, and then the pilgrims literally kill the indians in huge numbers (No one ever talks about that though.) But they all got along for a feast, and we still do that today (Most of us do at least.)

I’m really just writing this to show my appreciation, in the way I know best to do, for everyone I love. So, as one teenager to multiple others, and I suppose one teenager to multiple adults, what are you thankful for?