School board member Gary Duvall passes away

After a long career with Noblesville Schools, board member Gary Duvall passed away on

Board member Gary Duvall passed away.

Board member Gary Duvall passed away.

Abbie Klinker, Sports Editor

Gary Duvall was first elected in 2012 and began his term in 2013. He was reelected in 2016. He is a life-long resident of Noblesville and a graduate of Noblesville High School. A Realtor at Ayers Real Estate in Noblesville, Gary holds an accounting degree from Indiana Business College. He has volunteered in Noblesville’s schools for the past 10 years and has coached baseball and basketball. He is a member of the Noblesville Miller Backers and also is an announcer for junior varsity and freshmen football teams. He is a member of Senior Citizens, Inc., Noblesville Kiwanis Club, and the Noblesville Lions Club. He is a member of Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church. He has three sons, all NHS graduates; three stepdaughters, all NHS graduates; and eight grandchildren, including two in Noblesville Schools.
Attendance Review Committee and Safe Schools Committee

Noblesville Schools is deeply saddened to report the passing of school board member Gary Duvall. Duvall served on the school board since 2012 and was a lifelong resident of Noblesville. He was a graduate of Noblesville High School, as were his three sons. Three of his grandchildren currently attend Noblesville Schools. He volunteered as an announcer for the JV and freshmen football teams, and coached baseball and basketball teams.

“Gary had an incredible heart for Noblesville and he wanted the best for our kids. He was a passionate supporter of Miller athletics, attending and following Noblesville Schools sports on a regular basis. We appreciate his service to the school board and the community, and will miss him deeply,” said Julia Kozicki, president of the Noblesville School Board of Trustees.

Noblesville School Board of Trustees member Gary Duvall passed away Jan 22 after a life dedicated to serving Noblesville.
Duvall graduated from Noblesville High School in 1965 before attending Harrison College (then known as Indiana Business College). After graduation he returned to Noblesville where he became involved heavily in the community, most recently as a realtor at Ayars Real Estate in Noblesville.

“Gary had an incredible heart for Noblesville and he wanted the best for our kids,” said school board president Julia Kozicki. “He was a passionate supporter of Miller athletics, attending and following Noblesville Schools sports on a regular basis.”

Duvall was a part of the Noblesville Kiwanis Club, the Noblesville Lions Club and Senior Citizens, Inc., all organizations that emphasize the importance of community and service.

Duvall’s beliefs of service and passion for Noblesville schools were exemplified by his career of coaching baseball and basketball, announcing the junior varsity and freshman football games and serving as a member of the Noblesville Miller Backers.

Duvall’s affection for the Noblesville community was well-known. On his bio on the school corporation’s website, he spoke proudly about his three sons, three stepdaughters and three of his eight grandchildren attending Noblesville Schools.

Kozicki said Duvall’s contribution to the city will be valued for years to come, by those who received his kind acts and by those who observed them.

“We appreciate his service to the school board and the community, and will miss him deeply,” Kozicki said.