Fleeing into terror

Hayley Lipscomb

More stories from Hayley Lipscomb

Senior Micaela Menchaca gets her head taken off, Menchaca says she was not ready for the scariness of the house.

Photo by photo by Connor Ferguson

Haunted houses are fun for some families, but undesirable for others. Haunted houses have twists and turns like a maze and a creature ready to pop out at you when you least expect it. So what makes haunted houses so memorable? Whatever it is that you thought of, Frite Lodge seems to have it.

Frite Lodge

A fan favorite this year seems to be the soon-to-be famous Frite Lodge on Acton Rd. According to the Frite Lodge does their haunted house as a fundraiser, not for profit. As a positive to that, they also have a page on Facebook called FriteLodge Haunted House where they have videos, photos, and always give feedback. Speaking as to the customer service, there has been very positive things said. “The customer service was amazing, when we arrived they were on break we were able to go up and talk to them beforehand.” Senior Micaela Menchaca said. Another student made a similar comment. “The workers of the Frite Lodge were very friendly when not inside scaring us.” Junior Connor Furguson said. So even as scary as this haunted house is, they are still in good spirits, but the real fun is inside Frite Lodge.

Inside the Terror

The interior is where the fun part is. “Most of the Frite Lodge was in complete darkness which enhanced the experience.” said Freshman Michael Webster. Upon the experience of entering the haunted house, there would be someone who would pop out at you from every corner. Another helpful part of these students experience was that the people in the haunted house helped guide them through it. The entry fee to this frightful experience is $10, and for another $10 you can buy the Shirts they sell at the house. Although fun and at the same time scary, although the students said they would not recommend this for younger kids as it may be too scary.

Ratings and Admission

Overall, this haunted house seems to be one to come back to every year. An average rating of the haunted house ranged from 8/10 – 10/10 rating from students. The house is open on Fridays and Saturdays leading up to Halloween. This is a haunted house to go to and remember with loved ones.  If you are willing to take the 40 minute drive there, the Frite Lodge is for any thrill seeker and lover of Halloween.