Guardians Of The Galaxy review

The thrilling poster of GOTG. This movie was a hit in the box office.

Photo by Photo by IMBD

Hayley Lipscomb, Staff Writer

Guardians Of The Galaxy Review

Lasers, prisoners, and spaceships oh my! It’s not The Wizard Of Oz. There’s no Tin Man and no Scarecrow, just prisoners from outer space, it’s Guardians of The Galaxy. When entering the theater, I had high expectations for the movie I had heard so much about, which were delivered while watching the movie. This movie came out on August 1st of this year. This movie’s actors include stunning performances by Chris Pratt, who potrays the main heroic character, Peter Quill. Then the supporting characters include a stunningly beautiful Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Dave Bautista as Drax, Vin Diesel as a caring tree alien, and finally a hilarious role by Bradley Cooper as Rocket. The tag team of bad guys in this movie lastly include Lee Pace as Ronan, Michael Rooker as Yondu, and Karen Gillian, a main star in Doctor Who, as Nebula.

The story line, no spoilers included, is about a bunch of misfits who end up in jail together after trying to get a special orb from Peter Quill. This team of five breaks out hoping to sell the orb. But when the fate changes, they must take back the orb from Ronan in order to save the planet Xandar from destruction. After watching the movie and enjoying every minute of it, I realized why more than 50% of students at our school have seen it. The movie makes you smile, laugh, and cry at all the right times. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys sci-fi movies mixed in with humor. I loved seeing it and I would name it one of the best movies of the year along, yet another hit from Marvel.