Time to go clubbing

Kassidy Hall and Alexa Gassensmith

A fair amount of students are unaware of the number of clubs available to them. Even though the clubs may be small or unpopular, they still contribute to the culture of Noblesville High School.

Health teacher Mr. McKinney sponsors Fit For Life, or Fit Club. McKinney stated that the club was formed around 6 to 7 years ago. Fit Club meets every black day, Monday through Thursday from 2:45 to 3:45. The club is open to any and all students. Fit Club was created “to promote health and wellness,” McKinney said. He stated that at least once a week he is going to try and get access to the dance room in order to do P90X. “When the weather permits, we go outside and do our exercises. We always end our meetings with an ab workout,” McKinney said.

Business Club is a student-led group that helps in running the student store. The student store sells Noblesville merchandise, both online and in the school, located next to the cafeteria. The club’s sponsor, Mr. Nicholson, recruits students in the business class to join the club. Business Club meets once a month during AL. Business Club was started 4 years ago. “The club was started to spark an interest for students that are looking to go into a career in the business world,” Nicholson said.

Clubs are a part of the NHS culture, which is one way for students to get involved with the school. Clubs can help students get connected with their peers that share similar interests. Through clubs a student can gain life skills, friends, and knowledge.