Preppin’ for prom

Hayley Lipscomb

Prom can be one of the most memorable moments of the school year for students. From the dancing to the music, everything is planned out according to the school’s rules and the students majority interest. Student government and the school work together in order to arrange the dance from start to finish.

This upcoming dance was going to be like any other, but just like this year’s homecoming, the breathalyzers are making a stay at NHS. Breathalyzers indicate to the handler of the device the levels of alcohol in a students breath to the staff member. If any level of alcohol is given, the student is forbidden from entering the dance. These breathalyzers are helping NHS maintain their policy on alcohol and help make the dance a better place.

Like every year, the school dance has strict policies on dancing below the waist and their dress code. The school dance is very traditional to Noblesville High School and would like to be kept that way by the staff.

As the prom goes by, there are lessons learned by the student government and staff of NHS. The planning for prom starts in December and runs through January and into February. The planning goes from decorations, to djs, to dancing. Everything from beginning to end has to be planned out. The student government works hard to put this all together for the students of NHS.

There is high hopes for this year’s dance with all the changes put into place. With the breathalyzers, there is high hopes for less accidents and a more safe environment for other students. Also preventing students from grinding against each other makes a comfortable environment for everyone. With all of these figures and rules set in place, prom can be a fun, memorable, and exciting memory for many years in your life.