The styling of Paris

Kassidy Hall, reporter

To some girls, smearing color onto your skin and coating your eyelids with gold glitter is absurd. But to Junior Emma Paris, makeup is more than just painting your face, it’s an art and a future career.

Paris, unlike other 16-year-olds, is getting a head start on her career. Unlike even more students, her future will include doing what she loves: fashion and makeup.

Ever since Paris was little, her family has noticed her love and passion for makeup and fashion.

“Emma has always had her own sense of style since she was little,” said Paris’s mother, Jen Doubt. “I’ve been the type of mom that has always encouraged her creativity and her passion and wanting her to express it, in whatever way that looks like.”

According to Paris, makeup and fashion has always been and will always be something that she loves to do.

“I can’t really see myself doing anything but something fashion related,” said Paris. “I want to go into fashion merchandising or fashion buying, that kind of route. I do see myself in the fashion industry for the rest of my life.”

Paris is a recruiter for Noblesville High School’s fashion club, and hopes to become the president of the club. Her role would allow her to get scholarship money towards the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, the college she is planning to attend after high school.

Bailee Penski, Vice President of the fashion club, works with Emma in upkeeping the club.

“She is a great fit for the club,” says Penski. “She is constantly keeping up with the latest trends and you can tell that she is super passionate towards everything she does artistically. She is very creative and I can’t wait to see what she does in the future!”

Although Paris enjoys experimenting with makeup, she also emphasizes the importance of internal beauty. To many, she is an advocate on social media for learning to love yourself.

Katie Avery, a freshman, participates in fashion club with Paris. “I look up to Emma to create a more positive and worthwhile life.” said Avery, “I love how she embraces herself in her outfits and makeup. It inspires me to be myself and gain more confidence.”

“Internal beauty is so important,” said Paris. “I just think it’s so important to love yourself and also to love your personality and love who you are, and realize that you don’t need to change who you are for anybody