Miller Media

One hundred years in the making

Long-time Noblesville family takes over as new sponsor of football field

The Beaver Materials mascot stands outside Beaver Field. Beaver Materials was founded in 1947.

Jonathon Page, Staff Writer

For the last ten years, the Miller Football team called Hare Chevrolet Field home, but that’s all about to change.

Hare Chevrolet is no longer renewing its sponsorship of the Noblesville Miller football field. Instead, Beaver Materials will become the new sponsor of the football field.

Sponsoring things isn’t out of the ordinary for Beaver Material.

“Beaver Materials, the Beaver family, have been very much involved in the Noblesville community” said Tony Oilar, Assistant Athletic Director. ”Sponsoring, paying for things, they’ve been greatly involved in the Noblesville community,”

Beaver Materials has also helped in building the majority of the athletic buildings for Noblesville Schools.

“Our buildings over at the softball fields were all built by Beaver Materials,” Oilar said.

However the bond between the Beaver family and Noblesville High School goes deeper than just paying for football fields and building facilities.

”A big connection is that we’ve all gone to Noblesville Schools,” Chris Beaver, owner of Beaver Material, “I did it because my grandfather in 1918 started school at Noblesville High School, I thought it would be a good way to honor our grandfathers.”

Even though the Noblesville Miller Football team haven’t found much success on the field, the Beaver family wanted to focus on the community they hold so close.

“I think it’s a good thing to help the community and to make it stronger,” Beaver said.

While some people may think this is a simple name change, this a monumental moment for Beaver and his family. For one hundred years the Beaver family has supported Noblesville High School and has stuck with this community through thick and thin.

“It brings a lot of pride and joy to be a member of the Noblesville School System and to help in any way I can.” Said Beaver.