The iOS 8 Strikes

Kyle Rooker, Staff Writer

The iPhone is one of the most popular phones sold statistically in the world. Recently a new software update has appeared on all the iPhone models and is available for update. However, numerous people who have taken part of the update have had technical difficulties shortly after the update. Apple has received a critical amount of complaints stating that loading has become for slow,data has been erased and saving is an issue.

Apple is currently working on these issue and is aware that the update has also been an issue on Apple made iPads and computers. The iOS 8 update was released on September 17,2014. It was the successor of the recent iOS 7 update. The iOS 8 updates biggest issue was the disabling of the hand activated seri sensor and the Bluetooth music and car operator.

“Not only does it mess up my connection, but it drains my battery like crazy,” says sophomore Austin Olsen. Students who have had the update on their iPads have had a handful of complaints. Students have avoided the update until it has been fixed and it’s issues have been confirmed patched. IOS 8 at times can also crash harder drives on apple made computers.

The iOS 8 update has even caused problems even for widely known people in Los Angeles. In the past few weeks deleted celebrity photos were released to the public. The new update includes deleted photos being put in iCloud. Celebrities such as Amber Heard and Rihanna have been the biggest prime targets. The second wave occurred on September 20,2014. Apple has gotten a lot of blame for all this happening ever since the iOS happening.

Already Apple has confirmed future releases of improved iOS 8.1 and 8.2 sometime in 2015. After all that’s happened with the iOS 8 people aren’t thrilled about the news about the new software updates coming soon. The question that lies ahead is will the new software updates be improved or just another nightmare for Apple users in waiting.