The online home of the Mill Stream and NHS News - Noblesville High School

Miller Media Now

Miller Media Now

Miller Media Now

Polls

What is your favorite album of 2023?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Riding in Style

These cars in the NHS parking lot can give students inspiration for their own

The independence a car gives a high schooler is more than just the ability to drive anywhere. It gives them a canvas for self-expression. From bumper stickers covering a car’s entire rear end to LED lights that make a car look airborne, decorations like these show other motorists what kind of individuals are behind the wheel. NHS drivers have found a variety of ways to impress the other people on the road.

Senior Emjaide Hidalgo has found that her car’s vibe matches her own. She abides by the rule that anything pink and cute has a place in her ride, helping people understand who she is as a person. “I started decorating my car because I wanted [it] to represent me,” Hidalgo said. “I wanted [my car] to stand out to the point that everyone that knows me, [and] knew the car belonged to me.”
Junior Madelyn Scruggs’ car has been in her family for years. The history of the 1995 Honda Civic holds a special place in her heart, it suffered hail damage, so she decided to decorate it in her own way. “I have been drawing a dripping ink galaxy type of design since middle school, so I decided to paint it on my car,” Scruggs said.
Skipping the decorations, senior Bradley Bell decided to add modifications to his Hyundai coupe. Growing up with a father who he says knows everything about cars helped Bell build a ride that matched his personal image. “I got my inspiration from myself,” Bell said. “When I first bought the car I had an image of how I wanted it to look and over time I have been slowly building it towards that image.”