Fashion show reveal

Kassidy Hall, Sports Editor

On September 24, NHS FIDM’s fashion club held it’s second ever fashion show. The club, similar to the show, is only in its second semester and has undergone many changes since last year.

This year, the show was held in the school’s auditorium, capable of seating a larger audience compared to last year’s show, which was held in the LGI Room. Leading up to the show, members of the club sold tickets for two dollars each. All proceeds went to byTavi, an organization that supports women in Cambodia who are living in poverty. ByTavi also provided the show with it’s unique tribal nature look, which each model featured differently twice on the runway.  

Junior Lily Searcy, new to the club as of this year, modeled in the show.

“I felt really nervous because everyone was staring at me,” Searcy said. “But it was really fun to model clothes because I love being a part of the club.”

Although models are the usually the only individuals the crowd sees, there are many other club members who worked behind the scenes to make the show look good and run successfully. President of the fashion club, senior Emma Paris, describes the importance of having a skillful, diverse club.

“It’s important to have a diverse group of people who are interested in different aspects of fashion,” Paris said. “In the fashion industry a lot of the most important people are back stage crew, hair and makeup artists, and business managers.”

The school’s fashion club has its own hair and makeup stylists, who prepped the models before their onstage reveal. Freshman Emily Campbell was a makeup artist for freshman model Molly Freeman.

“For the show I did a pinky-brown smokey eye with a brown lip [on Molly],” Campbell said. “Some of the best parts of the show was the fact the models took the clothing that was given to them and styled it on their own.”

The club features students of all ages and all talents.

“I was a hairstylist for the show,” Junior Anna Harp said. “Even though everyone was rushed, there was so much adrenaline backstage that we had no problem finishing our styles and everyone looked great.”

Harp describes what it really means to be a part of the club and the show.

“It was really fun using my own talent to create something for someone to strut and represent in their own way.”
—–
To keep up with the fashion club and see more behind the scenes, follow them on Twitter @nhs_fashionclub

Also, take a look at the show’s clothing sponsor at byTavi.com